Open House 2020
19 September 2020 - 20 September 2020
|19/09/2020||11:00 - 17:00|
|20/09/2020||11:00 - 17:00|
Trinity Buoy Wharf
Trinity Buoy Wharf opens its doors to the general public as part of Open House 2020, providing a chance to see and explore architecture and art in our unique riverside location.
For the past three decades, Open City has put on the Open House festival celebrating London’s architecture and urban landscape. This years Open House features a rich mix of events, tours, carefully-managed building openings and film premieres reconnecting us with the city we’ve been locked out of for months.
Highlights of the weekend at Trinity Buoy Wharf include:
- Longplayer installation in the Lighthouse (free, no booking required)
- Guided site tours at 12.30pm both days- meeting point by the Lighthouse (free, but book in advance)
- Andrew Baldwin’s kinetic sculpture park: see moving sculptures and meet the artist (free, no booking required)
- Open Studios (free, no booking required)
- See work in progress by Trinity Buoy Wharf Artists in Residence: Tim Patrick & William Alexander (free, no booking required)
- Ceramic Socials with Amanda Cotton (£20 book in advance: includes 1 hour of ceramic fun with professional Ceramist and Sculptor Amanda Cotton and all equipment needed)
Free guided site tours
Ceramic Socials with Amanda Cotton
This beginner’s private lesson is the perfect way to learn, explore & have fun creating hand-made ceramics. Not only that you can bring a friend for free!
Via a step-by-step journey of fundamental hand-building techniques such as pinching, coiling, slab-building & surface decoration, you will explore the exciting world of ceramics. No matter your creative experience or capabilities, you’ll learn the skills to create a bowl/pot & leave busting with pride. But the fun doesn’t stop there, your clay is air-dry therefore you can take it home & keep it forever!
For details and booking info check here.
Moving sculptures by Andrew Baldwin
Watch Andrew Baldwin's kinetic sculptures come to life and meet the artists himself both days between 11am and 5pm. Learn more about the artist and his collection of works at Trinity Buoy Wharf here.
Food and drink
The Orchard Cafe and Fat Boy's Diner will complement the weekend with their wide lunch and drinks selection on offer. For menus, please check here.