Sketch Crawl

Date
:
16 November 2014 - 16 November 2014

Times
:
12noon- 4pm

Location
:
The Electrician's Shop

Tickets
:
Free

Join Urban Sketchers and the Dining Room Drawing Club to sketch unfamiliar vistas of the Thames, the O2, Canary Wharf and other riverside landmarks – from one of the last bastions of Docklands history, Trinity Buoy Wharf.

The famous company responsible for buoys, lighthouses and lightships established Trinity Buoy Wharf as its Thames-side workshop in 1803. The river Lea wall was rebuilt in brick in 1822, making it the oldest surviving structure on site, followed by the Electrician's Building (1836), designed by Trinity House’s Chief Engineer, James Walker. In 1862 his successor James Douglass designed the lighthouse which stands today as London's last remaining lighthouse.

More info here.

Back to all