Open House 2017
- Date :
- 16 September 2017 - 17 September 2017
- Times :
- 10am- 5pm
- Location :
- Trinity Buoy Wharf
- Tickets :
Now in its silver anniversary year, Open House London is a city-wide celebration of the buildings, places and neighbourhoods.
Trinity Buoy Wharf will open its doors to general public both days from 10am to 5pm, providing a chance to see and explore amazing architecture and art in this unique riverside location.
Highlights of the weekend include:
- Site tour at 12.30pm both days (max 40 people, meeting point by the Lighthouse)
- The Faraday Cage by Gary Hunter. The artist has been interested in Michael Faraday's work for some time and now this 5-year project has finally come to fruition. Working with engineers at FAB LAB RUC at Roskilde University, Denmark, he has created the Faraday Cage sonic interface, to be demonstrated as part of Open House Weekend 12 noon to 4pm both days
- Photography exhibition by Jon Baker. Click here for more info about the artist.
- "Dreaming the Voyages" at the Wheelhouse with The Rom Shanty Crew live performances at 1pm and 3.30pm. "Dreaming the Voyages" is an audio installation that will launch the start of a larger project depicting six voyages referencing the Thames historically and in the present day. There will be a combination of live and recorded sound and song to demonstrate the concept of voyaging and travelling with the disabled artist using the Wheelhouse as a starting point.
- "Visions of Trinity Buoy Wharf and products made from waste" exhibition by Tim Barklem Studio 16 Container City 1
- Andrew Baldwin's sculpture park
- Longplayer installation in the Lighthouse
- Various historic brick buildings from 1840 onwards
- Container buildings: Container City I &II, Riverside Building and Clipper House
Open Studios from 10am to 5pm both days include:
Artyface: started by Maud Milton in 1999, Artyface works with schools, councils, businesses and the community to make murals, specialising in mosaics and ceramic murals with local pupils /staff / school communities for public spaces or playgrounds. Click here for more info.