Work with us! Bookkeeper job opportunity
17 January 2020
Trinity Buoy Wharf's landlord, Urban Space Holdings Group, is looking to recruit a bookkeeper to join the finance team. The group operates in a variety of industries including property management, events, construction and boat building. USH operates a unique site in East London on the Thames riverside fostering the creative arts.
The bookkeeper will play a key role in supporting the finance team in a busy and varied small group of companies. It is planned that the role will develop in terms of duties and responsibilities over the next 6 to 12 months.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Generate sales invoices
- Check returns for offsite businesses and record details
- Print online bank transactions & post on Sage
- Bank reconciliation
- Generate and email out remittance advices
- Distribute purchase invoices for managers for approval, check coding and other details, post to Sage and file.
- Distribute credit card statement to managers. Chase credit card receipts and complete analysis, post to Sage and make journal entries for intercompany
- Check purchase statement against purchase ledger for missing invoices
- Manage recognition of monthly changes deferred income and journal
- Run reports off Sage and check accuracy
- Protect the organizations by keeping information confidential.
- Other duties as directed by line manager consistent with candidate’s level of experience and responsibility
Work Hours & Benefits
- Office hours are 37.5 per week 9 to 5:30.
- Company offers on-site parking, 20 days stat holiday plus bank holidays, work-place pension.
- Very proficient with Sage 50 and intermediate level Excel skills
- AAT level 4 minimum
- Familiarity with other Microsoft Office products including Word and Outlook
- Good organization, attention to detail and dependability
Education and Experience
- Role would suit a more experienced candidate with at least 5 years in a similar role and extensive knowledge of Sage 50
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org